Bank Negara Indonesia was established on 5 July 1946. It was prepared to be the Central Bank of Indonesia with the task of issuing and handling Indonesian currency. A few months after its establishment, Bank Negara Indonesia officially distributed the first official currency of Indonesia - ORI or Oeang Republik Indonesia.
Following the appointment of De Javasche Bank as the Central Bank of Indonesia, Bank Negara Indonesia had its role shifted to that of a development bank, and was later given the right to serve as a foreign exchange bank. Following increased capitalization in 1955, the legal status of Bank Negara Indonesia was changed into that of a commercial bank through a jurisdicial assignment under Emergency Law number 2 of the year 1955. Also in 1955, Bank Negara Indonesia officially opened its first foreign branch in Singapore.
Bank Negara Indonesia 1946
After a merger period with several other commercial banks, the function and individuality of the Bank were restored in 1968. The status was resumed to that of a state-run commercial bank. The official name was changed to 'Bank Negara Indonesia 1946'.
Bank Negara Indonesia 1946 conducted an operational restructuring program, by formulating the 'Performance Improvement Program' to facilitate a more dynamic role in facing the continuously-changing environment. The program covered various aspects, including the improvement of the Corporate Vision and Mission, the refinement of strategic plans, as well as the development of technology and human resources.
In 1996, Bank BNI's decision to become a public company was manifested through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) of its shares through the stock exchange. Bank BNI was the first government bank in Indonesia which listed its shares on both the Jakarta Stock Exchange (now Indonesia Stock Exchange) and the Surabaya Stock Exchange. The corporate name was amended to 'PT. Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk', to show its status as a public company.
The bank introduced the latest logo in 2004. The nickname 'Bank BNI' was shortened into 'BNI'.
BNI managed to complete two restructuring phases, and entered the final transformation phase which is to be conducted gradually during a period of 15 years. The time frame is set in compliance with the Central Bank's concept for future Indonesian Banking Architecture (Arsitektur Perbankan Indonesia - API).
Our Offices worldwide
1. BNI Singapore Branch, operated under full bank licence granted by Monetary Authority of Singapore
2. BNI Tokyo Branch
3. BNI Hong Kong
4. BNI London
5. BNI New York
Career Opportunities at Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) - January 2012 period
We are now looking for expert candidates to join our team with the following job requirements :
Assistant Development Program
- Diploma (D3) or Bachelor (S1)
- Public or private university graduates of all majors.
- Minimum GPA 2.50 (PTN) and 2.75 (PTS) in scale of 4.
- Age maximum 26 years old.
- Body height (male) : 165 cm and for female : 155 cm.
- Attractive looking.
- Able to operate the Microsoft Office and internet applications.
- Interested in the areas of Sales, Services and Marketing.
Officer Development Program (Sarjana)
- Bachelor (S1) Graduate from an accredited university (domestic or foreign)
- Graduates from Department of Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Law, Agriculture, Forestry, Fishery, Plantation, Livestock and Business Administration.
- GPA minimum 2.75 (PTN) and 3.00 (PTS) in scale of 4.
- Age maximum 26 years old.
- Having the ability to speak English, both oral and written
Officer Development Program (Magister)
- Master (S2) Graduates from accredited university (domestic or foreign)
- Department of Finance, Accounting and Engineering.
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 in scale of 4.
- Maximum Age 28 years old.
- Have good English language skills, both written and oral.
Note : The final submission date is January 31st, 2012.
Please send your completed resume along with updated CV to the official address of Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) Head Office Jakarta
PT BANK NEGARA INDONESIA (PERSERO) TBK
GEDUNG BNI JL.JEND.SUDIRMAN KAV 1 JAKARTA 10220
Phone : 021-2511946
Please note that only qualified candidates who will be called for interview process