Hess Corporation aspires to be the leading global independent energy company. We attract and motivate highly talented people who embrance their work wit a passion to be the best. Hess Corporation has offices in 18 countries across six continents. The company's headquarters is in New York City, with key regional headquarters in Huston, London, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Woodbridge, NJ.
Currently we have a vacancy in our Jakarta office as Sr. Facilities Engineer (09173)
This position is to provide technical support in order to achieve production targets, carry out approved modifications to meet revised operating and safety parameters while ensuring the integrity of the facilities at all times.
• Provide technical assistance to Operations group for related to Electrical and • Instrumentation disciplines in order to meet production targets.
• Act as Electrical Duty Holder (Technical Authority - Electrical) approves change(s) in Electrical-related fields/equipments.
• Review Electrical Safety work practices, assess each Electrical Responsible personnel working in the Electrical area, work together with the related Hess Global Advisor - Electrical to assess and audit the implementation of Electrical safe work practices on regular basis.
• Address Electrical and Instrumentation issues during facility upgrade /modification projects.
• Ensure that all upgrades / modifications carried out are in compliance with companys specifications as well as applicable international codes/ standards and local government regulations.
• Prepare engineering specifications, work scope etc for contractors.
• Develop scope of work for Electrical and Instrumentation contractual matters and participate in bidding exercise
• Lead the electrical and instrument activity to oversee the work performed by design contractors and third party vendors.
• Act as a facilitator on root cause failure analysis for a major failure occurs in the facility related to electrical and instrumentation issue.
• Coordinate small project modification and perform site visit to the facilities and contractors work location to ensure that the work is being carried out safely and meets the required quality standards.
• Prepare work program, cost estimates, schedules and budget as per company requirements.
• Provide training and guidance to peers and operations team (production and maintenance).
• Perform technical assessment of the problem on the facilities and recommend changes to avoid reoccurrence and follow up with necessary action.
• Carefully review the design documents and evaluate with assistance from all concerned parties.
• Review preventive maintenance program and job task list to ensure the critical activity is included as per companys requirements.
a) Education and Experience:
• Minimum of Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering (required).
• 7 years experience in facilities engineering specifically in electrical in oil and gas operations (required).
b) Technical Competencies and Knowledge:
• Thorough knowledge of applicable codes, standards and company specifications related to Electrical, Power Generation & Distribution, and Instrumentation and ability to apply the same in operations of the facilities experience in design, fabrication, testing, commissioning and operations of oil and gas facilities (required).
• Experience and understanding of other disciplines such as Structural, Mechanical both Rotating and Stationary, Instrumentation, etc. (preferable).
c) Basic skill:
• Computer: Very good in computer software (Excel & Word).
• Language: English both verbal (speaking) and written.
d) Other requirements:
• Ability to work continually under pressure.
• Work as a team with members of other disciplines.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Willing to train and coach others.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.hess.com/careers and search E&P Jobs no later than 2 July 2012. Put the number you wish to apply in job number box in search criteria page. Please upload your resume and answer the eligibility question accurately as this will be your requirements to apply. For those of you who do not upload your resume and complete the eligibility question, your application will not be identified as valid application and will not be processed.