Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established in Birmingham, UK in 1984. Islamic Relief has a consultative status (special category) with the economic and Social Council of the United Nations is full member of British Overseas NGOs for Development (BOND) and a signatory to the code of conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief. It seeks to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development programmes. Islamic Relief Indonesia is part of Islamic Relief Worldwide which has been working in Indonesia since 2003. Islamic Relief Indonesia provides service and support to the communities in mandate areas, based on the MoU with Department of Home Affairs. There are some initiative sectors under Emergency and Development program such as Shelter, Water and Sanitation, Health and Nutrition, Livelihood, Orphans, Education, Marines Fisheries, and Disaster Preparedness and Response. Through these sectors, Islamic Relief Indonesia plays significant role in alleviating the suffering and poverty of the world’s poorest people.
Islamic Relief (IR) through World Bank funded aims to develop an integrated marine fisheries project that will provide better sustained livelihoods and can be replicated in line with the objectives of Economic Development Financing Facility (EDFF). This project will be done in line with multidimensional studies to integrate economic fishing activities with social, cultural, and environmental considerations. The main goal of this sub-project is improving coastal community prosperity through integrated marine fisheries management and better market access.
Islamic Relief seeks to hire committed and experienced persons for the following position:
M & E - Environment and Communication Specialist
Base : Banda Aceh - NAD
Contract Duration : 6 months (extendable)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinate and manage all M & E issues of the project
· Assist and guide the environmental consultant to assess the environmental issues properly
· Guide the team to publish newsletter, books, film on sustainable sea fisheries project for Simeulue and Singkil
· Prepare monthly narrative and physical-financial progress reports
· Communicate with donor and Govt officials in a regular basis
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Graduation degree on fishery/aquaculture
· Minimum of 5 years experience in the same field.
· Sufficient experience on project monitoring and evaluation activities
· Sufficient experience on fishery/aquaculture project implementation
· Work experience with government departments
· Enough knowledge on environmental issues
· Report writing skill
· Be flexible in work directives from managers
· Computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
· Able to work in a multi-lingual and cross-cultural environment.
· An ability to work under pressure and within a complex and insecure environment
· Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work.
· Respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
· Initiative, flexibility and ability to work in a team.
· Ability to understand & interpret organizational policies/procedures.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken)
* Flexible & Patient
* Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team
* Sympathetic with aims & objectives of Islamic Relief
* Empathy with & understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam.
* Sensitive to local customs
* Ability to work in a stressful environment
* Energetic and able to operate in situations which may be arduous
* No serious illness
If you meet the above requirements kindly send your detailed CV with recommendations from 2 referees, (one of them your immediate formeremployer) to: email@example.com
Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email. Early applications are encouraged.
Closing date: March 16, 2012