Vacancy at UNDP-ILO Project
Title : PROGRAMME AND REPORTING OFFICER (PRO)
Vacancy No. : JAKARTA/ 2011/032
Duty Station : Jakarta
Duration : 7.5 Months (short-term)
Expected Starting Date : 16 January 2012
Application Deadline : 5 January 2012
Grade : NO-A ofthe UN Common Remuneration System
Terms of Reference
A.General Project Information
The UNDP/ILO Project "Creating Jobs: Capacity Building for Local Resource-based Road Works in Selected Districts in NAD andNias" has been implemented since March 2006. The Project's central aim is to support the Aceh Government in improving the livelihoods of the Acehnese people by enhancing the capacity of local governments to generate maximum employment opportunities through investments in rural infrastructure, particularly the road sector. Five years of post-tsunami reconstruction in Aceh has achieved improvements in rural road networks. But local governments are facing significant difficulties to putin place effective systems for planning and monitoring investments (including investments for maintenance) for these roads.
A comprehensive Exit Strategy for the Project has been prepared for the Aceh cluster of the Project (Pidie and Bireuen District) from 1 July 2011 until 31 August 2012 and the approval for this Project extension by MDFANs and the GoI is expected early November 2011. The proposal seeks to ensure that the LRB approaches that have been successfully demonstrated by the Project over the last five years will be sustained and that the lessons learned will be mainstreamed. The proposal aims at ensuring the sustainability of the investments made during phase I and II of the Project, in terms of their management and maintenance by the Government. An important element of the extension is to develop planning tools and build capacities for road asset planning and management/maintenance at district level – in particular in Pidie and Bireuen districts where the majority of the investment shave been made. Another important element is up-scaling and expanding the successfully demonstrated employment-intensive approaches. This includes the rehabilitation of rural roads and community infrastructure in other sectors(like irrigation and fisheries) using local resource-based approaches.
Realizing the importance of information dissemination as a key advocacy tool in obtaining wide and national-level recognition of the successfully demonstrated approaches, the proposed cost extension includes various advocacy and information dissemination activities at various levels. Lessons learned and best practices of the project will be documented and knowledge management and policy dialogue and advocacy activities will be undertaken within the framework of the proposed extension. These activities aim at incorporating achieved outputs and products (like models, tools and guidelines for planning and implementing LRB infrastructure investments) within the government's framework and strategy for the delivery of rural infrastructure investments in the road sector, using Local Resource-Based (LRB) approaches where appropriate.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme/Reporting Officer (PRO) will work under the day-to-day supervision of the National Project Coordinator and overall supervision and technical guidance of the Project's Chief Technical Advisor. In close consultation with the CTA, the Director/Deputy-Director will provide direction to the PRO regarding the execution of his/her duties. The PRO will work in close collaboration with the ILO Project staff and the involved staff of ILO Jakarta. His/her overall Project related responsibilities include the provision of key support regarding the Project's various programmatic and reporting activities and support to its knowledge management and policy dialogue activities at national level.
In addition, it is expected that the PRO will be providing inputs in resource mobilization activities. As and when relevant the PRO will also ensure coordination and synergies between the Project and other ILO Programmes in Indonesia. The PRO will establish and maintain effective liaison and professional working relationships at national level with the Project's key stakeholders, in particular with the Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration (MOMT), Bappenas,the Multi-Donor Trust Fund for Aceh and Nias (MDF), the Ministry of PublicWorks and UNDP. To facilitate the establishment of an effective professional working relationship with the MOMT – being the Government Executing Agency forthe Project – and other Government stakeholders at national level, it is envisaged that the PRO will have to spend a considerable part of his/her working time at MOMT and the Ministry of Public Works.
The overall responsibilities and tasks of the PRO include the following:
· Provide substantive input in the organization of work plans.
· Support, and monitor the implementation of the Project knowledge management and policy dialogue activities at central level
Identify problems and consider different approaches and alternative methods for problem resolution.
· Provide support to the overall development of the ILO Employment-Intensive Investment Programme (EIIP) in Indonesia and various activities related to resource mobilization.
· Provide administrative, financial and logistic support.
· Organize and participate in seminars, workshops and meetings with stakeholders from the Government, donors and ILO constituents.
· Prepare briefs, concept notes, periodic reports and statistical data on status of programme and project activities.
· Draft news releases, correspondence or other information publications, and assist with the distribution of information materials.
· Ensure effective production and distribution of related project reports including information on the progress and status of project to the government organizations at district and national level, stakeholders, MDF and UNDP. Secretariat of MDF and UNDP;
· Maintain and update database of Project reports and documentation.
· Establish and maintain liaison duties with the National Project Board, MOMT, Bappenas, UNDP and the MDF Secretariat regarding the progress and activities of the Project;
· Provide support to MOMT in the execution of its responsibilities and task as the Government Executing Agency of the Project and its involvement in national-level knowledge management and policy dialogue activities;
· Review project data and other relevant information and provide written analysis on the findings to the Project Manager.
· Assist in programming and budgetary control of Project resources/activities. Prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts.
· Supervise the work of Jakarta-based support staff and consultants as relevant;
· Brief ILO specialists, project experts,associate experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on the Project in particular and EIIP initiatives in general;
· Undertake missions to project sites alone and/or accompanying other officials or external missions, as and when required;
· Draft in, or translate into, local language(s) news releases, official correspondence, statements and speeches and other public information material relevant to the Project or other EIIP Indonesia activities;
· Undertake any other activities, as directed by the CTA, National Project Coordinator or the ILO Jakarta Director/Deputy-Director, which are relevant to, and in line with, the overall responsibilities and tasks of the PRO;
C. Experience and Qualifications
Education:First level university degree in communication, development studies, business administration, economics, management, social sciences, engineering or another relevant degree.
Experience - At least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience at the national level in the occupational area.
Languages - Excellent command of one working language of the office and good knowledge of another official language of the duty station.
* Proven organizational and coordination skills in a demanding and challenging environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to perform well in public functions.
* Proven networking and motivational skills, and conceptual and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated ability with regards to knowledge management and policy dialogue are considered important advantages.
* Solid knowledge of programming and financial/administrative procedures. Knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations is considered an advantage.
* Proven ability to work harmoniously and effectively in a highly demanding working environment –involving senior government authorities, donors and ILO's constituents.
* Demonstrated ability to work efficiently on his/her own initiative, as well as to work as a team member. Professional and personal endurance and commitment to pursue and complete complex assignments.
* Good working knowledge of software programmes, including Microsoft applications
D. Applications Indicating the Vacancy Announcement No. above as subject,please send your application letter, latest CV and 3 references to the Director, ILO Indonesia, email: email@example.com, with cc to Bas Athmer, Chief Technical Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org)and Emil Salim, National Project Coordinator (email@example.com), no later than 5 January 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a test and an interview. -- Lowongan Kerja Aceh
Diposkan oleh Jhons Tembelek