Vacancy at Norwegian Red Cross
SENIOR FINANCE & ADMIN OFFICER
Specific DUTIES responsibilities and accountabilities:
- The Senior Finance and Administration Officer safeguards NorCross assets (financial and physical) against fraud, loss or misuse. S/he ensures that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NorCross Policy, and any cost principles imposed by NorCross. S/he must demonstrate the ability to use sound business judgment in assuring that all costs are reasonable
and necessary for the completion of the office projects and NorCross’ mission.
- Manage cash flow, including fund transfers from NorCross HQ, local currency exchange, and petty cash, as per NorCross policies and procedures. Estimate upcoming cash needs and accrue expenditures as appropriate.
Prepare and settle working advances to NorCross staff. Obtain local authorization for and pay local costs.
- Provide advice/guidance and initiate relevant trainingsto all NorCrossstaff as well as relevant PMI staff on financial management.
- Conduct regular field visits in agreement with NorCross Project Managers in order to ensure the financial management of NorCross projects.
- Reconcile all financial transactions into an approved NorCross Field Expense Accounting System (AGRESSO) for the Indonesia Country office and the Regional office in Kuala Lumpur, and submit timely reports each month, as per NorCross procedure for field expenses. Reconcile bank accounts and working advances monthly.
- Act as the main focal point during the annual Audit process with the local auditor.
- Maintain thorough documentation of all financial transactions and archive these according to NorCross procedures.
- Apply internal systems for obtaining purchase approvals and use of assets.
- Ensure the adequate application of internal controls, as per NorCross procedures.
- Oversee local procurement and execute all approved payments to local vendors, contractors and consultants for goods and services received, in accordance with the laws and regulations of Indonesia and NorCross regulations.
Ensure that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase orders and shipping receipts, as per NorCross/ IFRC procedures for procurement.
- Assist in the preparation and management of country project budgets and pipeline expenditures.
- HR related tasks : Maintain contractsfor staff and consultants, verify and follow up the monthly payroll, staff insurance, tax report, records of overtime, and maintain the annual leave form.
- Admin related tasks: Act as NorCross´liaison point in regards toIFRC and PMI building managementissues. Check and verifysupport services costs: integration and delegation fees, IFRC management and workstation fees,
monthly invoices and PMI contribution fees.
- Supervise and support the Finance and AdministrationOfficer onfinancial management and other related tasks inHR and Admin.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
a. A Minimum of First Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or BusinessAdministration. Post graduate qualification in management field or itsequivalent is an added advantage.
b. Profession qualification in accounting such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA, etc is preferred.
c. Three years professional work experience in a finance or accounting role is preferred.
d. Experience of preparing budgets, cash flow statements & financial plans.
e. Advanced computer skills (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing and accounting packages).
f. Excellent communication skills, with excellent spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
g. Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent is preferred.
Teamwork; commitment to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement; integrity and personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity; flexibility and adaptability;initiative and direction; interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently, ability to juggle and coordinate many tasks simultaneously, ability to prioritise tasks, well organized, reliable and trustworthy.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualification and experience with your curriculum vitae latest on 10th December 2011 to:
Norwegian Red Cross:
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for SENIOR FINANCE & ADMIN OFFICER
Diposkan oleh Jhons Tembelek
Label: Lowongan Terbaru